Stress Interviews: Tactics to Handle the Pressure
We live in a world where interviews are becoming more prevalent, and thus interview stress is becoming more common. Many different factors can cause interview stress, but you can take some critical steps to manage it.
1) Start the day off right: get a good night’s sleep and exercise in the morning.
2) Read interview preparation materials, such as books or blog posts that]: detail the company and interview process.
3) Prepare warm-up questions for yourself, as well as answer them out loud with a friend or family member.
4) Take calming breaths throughout the day to stay in the moment.
5) When you feel the signs of an anxiety attack coming on (tense muscles, sweating, rapid breathing), take a break or start small talk to occupy your mind.
It’s not just about comfort, but being overdressed can also create anxiety.
6) Choose the right outfit. Try something professional and conservative in styles, such as a skirt or dress, but not too tight.
If you want to know how to managing stress during a job interview clicks on this link: